Saturday, October 1, 2011

Ski Beats (ft. Mos Def) - Cream of the Planet

The mind's so powerful
It ain't long for your dreams
It's surrounding you
Caution, caution
Careful, careful
A whole lotta fun but it ain't that simple
The mathmatic, Asiatic, black magic
Rap captains stay active, free captives
Baby, what's happenin?
Listen, life is fantastic
Beautiful and tragic
Plain, classic
Long as I'm alive I'mma never stop rappin'
It's honest work for honest bastards
Made in Manhattan, raised outta Brooklyn
It ain't shit that you can do but keep looking
Shook, cause they all crooks
My hands keep clean even off the books
Like sipping a martini, listening to this song instills a sense of tranquility. Something about the effortless flow and the impossibly chill beat makes me feel like I shouldn't even sing along. So I just listen; even after it's over, I sit for a moment, in silence... 

No comments:

Post a Comment